Dr Edmondo Minisci, director of ICELab, seats in the managing board of EUROPT – The Continuous Optimization Working Group of EURO
The goal of EUROPT is to promote and to facilitate communication links among European (and other) researchers working in areas of continuous optimization.
- to disseminate state-of-the-art knowledge and to support research in continuous optimization
- to contribute to the education of young optimization researchers and students (organizing EURO Summer and Winter Institutes, and by announcing Ph.D. Programs etc.)
- to assist in gathering the continuous optimization community in Europe organized under the umbrella of EURO
- to build and maintain links with special interest groups inside and outside EURO
- to support the foundation of new EURO working groups
- to support preparation, refereeing and editing of publications
- to establish regular information channels and regular meetings
- to build links to users of continuous optimization methodology
- to involve industrial organizations and users of optimization in the activities listed above
- to initiate interdisciplinary research with colleagues from science, engineering and economy, with continuous optimization being a key technology.