The OSE5 workshop intends to gather internationally renowned researchers developing methods in the fields of optimization and space applications. The event is run in conjunction with the second Global Virtual Workshop (GVWII) of the European Training Network (ETN) on optimisation and uncertainty quantification for aerospace applications, UTOPIAE.
The GVW is an hybrid workshop/webinar. The GVW is attended in person by all ETN members and OSE participants, remote connection is offered to researchers that cannot attend the workshop in person. Presentations are given locally but they can be viewed in real-time, allowing for time differences between countries. Remote attendees can participate to the event via chat discussions and pools. This is a unique vehicle of dissemination and would allow the ETN and the OSE attendants to extend the discussion beyond the borders of Europe, and involving many more individuals than could be invited as visiting researchers.
The event is broadcast in real time and will schedule:
- 2 Keynote lectures and presentations, one from the UTOPIAE network and one from ESA.
- Presentations from OSE5 participants.
- Presentation of UTOPIAE ESRs of their projects for the UTOPIAE “winter of code”.
- Displaying boots for showcasing optimisation tools (only for local attendees during coffee breaks).
- Interactive panel discussion and real-time pools.
Last but not least…
- coffee breaks & social dinner.